I guarantee that following a wardrobe makeover you'll never say these words again - "I have a closet full of clothes but nothing to wear!"
Sally Mackinnon and her team are experienced wardrobe consultants who know only too well that a stuffed wardrobe full of clothes, with no sense of order is overwhelming! You have a lot of clothes in there, but where do you start?
Ask yourself, are you….
- an impulsive shopper who forgets what’s hanging in that stuffed wardrobe and buys the same thing over and over again?
- tired of feeling overwhelmed by all your clothes but can never find anything to wear?
- a minimalist but your look has become a bit of a ‘uniform?’
- a ‘collector’… someone who just can’t get rid of that fabulous dress you wore to your 21st birthday party, the suit you were wearing when you got your first job (yes, the one with the shoulder pads!) or those designer shoes you got for a bargain in Paris that were a size too small when you bought them?
How does it work?
Once your personal needs are determined through an initial chat in your home, we’ll go through your wardrobe, piece by piece. We will give you advice on each piece as to whether it flatters your body shape and if it deserves to stay in your wardrobe! We will encourage you to try on different combinations from your wardrobe that you’ve never tried before. Many clients discover they have an entire new range of outfits without having to shop for anything new!
We’ll identify what’s missing and suggest new styles that will work with your existing pieces and even tell you where you can shop for them. We may even suggest simple alterations that can be made to make your existing pieces fit you better. While we will be brutally honest, we will also listen to you. If you have an old sentimental favourite in your wardrobe that hasn’t seen the light in years, but you don’t want to get rid of it, you don’t have to.
During the wardrobe edit our personal stylists will make note of every suggestion, style and body shape tip provided. Your personalised Style Plan is emailed to you following your appointment. The Style Plan details all the tips for dressing for your shape, personalised advice specific to your shape and style and suggestions for what’s needed to update or compliment your existing wardrobe.
A consultation with a wardrobe consultant is a fun and liberating experience that will leave you feeling confident about the choices you can make to help you look and feel great. It is not about being criticised for your taste in clothes, but hearing an objective view to help you to make improved choices.
Increase your self confidence
A wardrobe makeover will boost your confidence because you will learn how to dress for your body shape. Knowing these do’s and don’ts means you can be confident when shopping for new pieces and even choosing clothes from your own wardrobe. Knowing what to look for at the shops is a great advantage. Clothing can play a huge role in building self confidence but for many of us, we just don’t know where to start. An appointment with a wardrobe consultant is that beginning.
Get rid of emotional baggage
Many people hold on to clothes because they represent a different time in their life, whether good or bad. Do you have your ‘skinny’ clothes still hanging in your wardrobe? Reminding you every day of what size you used to be? Keeping these clothes in view for the ‘one day’ they may fit again is emotional torture to anyone who has experienced weight gain or changes to their shape. We will focus on the size and shape you are now and help you dress in the most flattering way. It’s about working with what you’ve got, determining your assets and showing them off!
The wardrobe edit can save you money because following our advice you will have clear ideas about how to shop and what to look for. Many clients learn how to better utilise what they already have in their wardrobes meaning that they actually don’t need to buy anything at all! Knowing that everything in your wardrobe works for you, knowing how to pull it all together, saves you money in the long term. Having your own personal Style Plan also helps you be a smarter shopper- knowledge is power.
Learn from your mistakes
Style isn’t something that you are born with, but it is something you can learn. The information that you will learn during a Wardrobe Edit will help you to better dress for your shape, disguise any problem areas and most importantly, show off those assets. Our body shape tips are practical, easy to follow and specifically written for you. Looking stylish is as much about knowing what not to wear as it is about knowing what suits you. Our advice is to the point, objective and honest but never judgemental or critical.
Do you want?
- Practical advice on how to dress for your body shape?
- Advice on how to mix and match your existing pieces better to therefore maximise your wardrobe?
- Help with clearing out the clutter to have a smaller but more efficient wardrobe?
- Advice on what’s missing in your wardrobe and where to get it on your budget?
- Improve the way you look and feel about yourself?
Head Stylist Sally Mackinnon – $790* for up to 2 hours ($125/$250 for additional half hour/hour)
Stylists Loré Ebeling, Anne Guergues and Melissa Gold – $650* for up to 2 hours ($75/$150 for additional half hour/hour)
* all prices inclusive of GST, travel and the personal Style Plan full prepared for you after the session. Some areas may incur an additional travel fee outside of Metropolitan Melbourne.
Need Help and need it now?